In partnership with the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH), Morris Jeff Community School is offering weekly COVID testing at no charge for all interested students and staff. Testing occurs during school hours. A parent or guardian must register any minor under 18 years old.
- Register your student HERE. Every student needs to be registered to be tested. Every participant needs to register prior to the 2022-23 school year.
- For instructions of how to register, please click here.
- If you are having difficulties registering, please contact the LDH Safer, Smarter Schools Help Line at 877-356-1511
Morris Jeff’s 2022-23 COVID Schedule
- Tuesday mornings at Elementary School, 211 S. Lopez
- Tuesday mornings at Middle School, 3819 St. Claude
- Thursday mornings at High School, 1301 N. Derbigny
The tests being used are PCR tests sent only to labs located within Louisiana to expedite results. Results should be expected on your COVIDSafe portal within 12-36 hours. You will receive a notification via text and email (depending on what you provided) when the results are ready.
Incentive Rewards Program
- The Louisiana Department of Health is offering a monetary reward in exchange for participation in testing through this initiative. Students who participate in weekly testing 10 or more times between August and December can receive a $100 Prepaid card in December of 2022.
- Eligible participants will be emailed in December to confirm they would like to opt-into receiving funds.