- Health Services
- COVID Protocols
- COVID Testing at School
- Forms & Policies
- In Memoriam
In partnership with the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH), Morris Jeff Community School is offering weekly COVID testing at no charge for all interested students and staff. Testing occurs during school hours. A parent or guardian must register any minor under 18 years old.
- Register your student HERE. Every student needs to be registered to be tested. Registration is open throughout the year.
- If you are having difficulties registering, please call the LDH Safer, Smarter Schools Help Line at 877-356-1511
Morris Jeff’s 2022-23 COVID Schedule
- Tuesday mornings at Elementary School, 211 S. Lopez
- Tuesday mornings at Middle School, 3819 Saint Claude
- Thursday mornings at High School, 1301 N. Derbigny
The tests being used are PCR tests sent only to labs located within Louisiana to expedite results. Results should be expected on your COVIDSafe portal within 12-36 hours. You will receive a notification via text and email (depending on what you provide at registration) when the results are ready.
Incentive Rewards Program
- The Louisiana Department of Health is offering a monetary reward in exchange for participation in testing through this initiative. Students who participate in weekly testing 10 more more times in the each semester can receive a $100 prepaid card in December 2022 and May/June 2023.
- Eligible participants will be emailed in December and May/June to confirm they would like to opt-into receiving funds.