We are excited to begin summer conditioning for our 20-21 sports teams! We will be following the guidelines from the NFHS/LHSAA to ensure your student’s safety. All interested new and returning high school students are welcome to join summer training sessions to prepare for the upcoming sports seasons.
All summer training sessions can be found on the Morris Jeff Google Calendar. Take note of the location as all summer training will be held off-campus until further notice. The first sessions for each sport are as follows:
- Cross Country – Friday, June 26, 7:00 AM, City Park Practice Track
- Basketball – Monday, June 29, 10:00 AM, Lafitte Greenway
- Volleyball – Monday, June 29, 5:00 PM, Lafitte Greenway
Here are the requirements for participation in summer training:
- Current LHSAA physical
- Any returning athlete that has a current physical on file may participate until October 1, 2020.
- Any new Morris Jeff student or student that didn’t participate last year needs a physical on file before participating. Click here for the form required.
- Signed Morris Jeff Athletics – Safe Return To Participate COVID 19 Acknowledgement Letter. Click here to read the letter and click here to indicate that you as a parent/caregiver acknowledge the special circumstances this training session requires.
- Students must arrive with a face-covering and bring their own hydration. A gallon of water with their name on it is recommended due to the heat.
- A temperature check and medical check-in are required for all coaches and players. Click here to view the screener for training admission.
Please email Coach Milton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any specific questions.