NOLA Public Schools is allowing students in grades 5-12 to begin to return for in-person learning on October 12, as long as the health data remains strong and validated by the NOLA Department of Health.
Morris Jeff offers a Hybrid Model for Grades 6-8 students beginning October 13. The student will attend in-person school two days a week and complete three days a week of distance learning beginning October 13, 2020.
ALL students who attend school “in-person” will be required to:
— stay home if sick and/or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (cough, fever, body aches, runny nose, sore throat, fatigue, headache, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea) and/or have had contact with someone with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.
— have a temperature check prior to entering the school building each day.
— wear a face-covering covering the mouth and nose (unless medical documentation is in place for a waiver).
— wash hands upon entering the building, a minimum of every 2 hours during the day, and upon exiting the building.
— stay in a static group of students (up to 25) and, have all their classes in one physical classroom throughout the school day.
— remain socially distant from others while in the classroom as much as possible.
— do classwork in assigned areas/desks.
— eat in classrooms. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for students who wish to eat school meals.
— use restrooms in static groups at scheduled times during the day.
— bring bottles of water from home. Water fountains are inaccessible.
— bring school supplies every day. Students cannot share supplies.
— use school Chromebooks at school. To ensure cybersecurity, personal devices won’t have access to our school’s wifi network. If a student has borrowed a school device, the student will be required to bring it back to school for in-person learning.
(NOTE: The school reserves the right to add or revise guidelines for safety and health per New Orleans Department of Health.)
IMPORTANT: Changes in students’ participation via distance learning or “in-person” status may only be made at the end of each quarter (December 18 and March 10).
WHEN YOU CHOOSE IN-PERSON LEARNING for your middle school student:
— Students whose last name begins with A – K will attend In-Person on Mondays and Tuesdays and Distance Learning on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
— Students whose last name begins with L – Z will attend Distance Learning on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and In-Person on Thursdays and Fridays.
— The in-person school day begins at 8:00 AM and ends at 2:30 PM.
IN-PERSON ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL
- Morning drop-off begins at 7:35. Dismissal for car and walkers begins at 2:30. Bus riders will wait in classrooms until walkers and carpool riders have been dismissed. Bus riders will dismiss at 2:40-2:45. Dismissal ends at 3:00.
- 5th-8th students will enter and exit the school building at South Rendon & Cleveland entrance. Click here to see the entrance and exit. Siblings in different grades must enter/exit following their own grade level procedures.
- Students may arrive and leave by bus, car, or walk. Students walking to and from school must have a permission form on file. Click here to complete.
- Families that have a car should use carpool, not walk-ups in the afternoon. Enter the carpool line by 2:45.
- Guardians & family members must wear masks when dropping off and picking up students.
- Students arriving after 8 AM must enter the building through the main office.
NOTE: All student schedules will remain the same unless a student is changing an Arts class or moving out of or into an intervention class.