STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES DISTANCE LEARNING
Morris Jeff Student Support Services is designed to provide the services, accommodations, and/or modifications needed for student/s with disabilities or students who are English Learners (EL) to have an equal opportunity in the virtual model of delivery, and access free and appropriate education (FAPE). Our goal is to ensure students with disabilities and ELs continue their learning during this time.
Special Education IEP Minutes and ESL Services:
- Student Support Services teachers (i.e., special education case managers/teachers, ESL teachers) plan and co-teach with their general education teachers, to provide accommodations and modifications as appropriate.
- Student Support Services teachers teach small groups and/or individual students via pre-recorded lessons, specific websites, and/or other on-line resources.
- Special education teachers will pre-recorded lessons and/or provide digital instructional material for students on the LEAP Connect instructional path.
- All pre-recorded lessons, websites, and/or other on-line resources will be posted to the student’s regular education teacher’s Google Classroom.
- Student Support Services teachers will hold LIVE Office Hours.
- Gifted and Talented classes are temporarily suspended. Parents will be informed of changes to the suspension of Gifted and Talented distance learning delivery of services, as appropriate.
- Gifted and Talented IEPs will not go out of timelines. IEP team including parents will meet, virtually or via teleconference, for the annual IEP meetings (even if it is to document the continued suspension of IEP services).
Related Services IEP Minutes:
- Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT), and Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) minutes will be delivered digitally.
- Students will be able to access their individualized activities and materials (such as pre-recorded Loom lessons, video activities, websites, etc.) through Google Classroom. OT/PT will share a Google Classroom and SLP Services will have its own Google Classroom.
- Related services providers will hold LIVE Office Hours.
Student Support Services Compliance with Office of Special Education Programs – US Department of Education and Office of Civil Rights (i.e., 504 IAP and ESL):
- Director of Student Support Services will provide ongoing and explicit guidance and support as it relates to EL Accommodations Checklist, IEPs, special education instruction minutes, and related services minutes.
- IEP and 504 IAP meetings/annual reviews will be held via videoconference – procedural safeguards/due process will be sent to parents via email including Gifted and Talented IEPs.
- Student Support Services teachers will communicate with parents only via email or videoconference, during the regular distance learning school day: 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- Related Services providers will communicate with parents only via email, videoconference during the regular distance learning school day: 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Families can contact the Director of Student Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding IEP or ESL distance learning programming.
- Family can contact the Coordinator of Student Support Services at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding 504 IAP.