Distance Learning at Morris Jeff Community School
Morris Jeff is implementing Distance Learning (DL), beginning Monday, March 23, 2020.
All DL lessons (whether video or live) will be accessed via Google Classroom. All students will have a MorrisJeffSchool.org Google account to access Google Classroom. Teachers will introduce their students to their Google Classroom and explain how it is used if they have not used this platform previously. Students may log in to Google Classroom at classroom.google.com with their school (@MorrisJeffSchool.org) Google account.
Google Classroom can be accessed using the web on a computer with any browser, such as Chrome, Firefox®, Internet Explorer®, or Safari®. In general, Google Classroom supports major browser releases on a continual basis.
Google Classroom is also available for Android and Apple® iOS® mobile devices. For more information, see Get the Classroom app.
The components of DL at Morris Jeff include:
- Video recorded lessons from teachers (Monday – Thursday)
- Video recorded lessons from counselors/social workers (Weekly)
- Live Office Hours by teachers via Google Meet (Monday – Friday)
- Live Morning Meetings by elementary teachers via Google Meet (Monday – Thursday, grades PK-5)
- Live advisory lessons by middle school teachers via Google Meet (Monday – Thursday, grades 6-8)
- Fridays are reserved for assessments, Office Hours, and time for students to finish work from the week as needed. The high school will also offer additional real-time math support on Fridays between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Families need a connection to the internet and one of the following devices for their child(ren) to participate in DL.
- Desktop computer
- Laptop computer
- Chromebook device
- iPad, etc
NOTE: Every student in the household does not need their own device for the full day. Assignments may be completed at staggered times arranged by the parents/students in the household.